Royal Tunbridge Wells Together is a Community Interest Company, incorporated in January 2016. We are a town centre management organisation providing co-ordination, resources and leadership, to reinforce Tunbridge Wells’ reputation as a town of substance and economic importance in the region. Our Board consists of key business leaders in the town including Royal Victoria Place, Thomson Snell and Passmore, Cripps, AXA PPP and Markerstudy. Tunbridge Wells Borough Council are represented by an elected member and a senior council officer. We are a membership organisation, you can find details of membership here. For a full list of directors please see ‘Board and Staff’.
Royal Tunbridge Wells Together (RTWT) is working collaboratively to make Royal Tunbridge Wells a destination for retail, business, leisure and culture, always maintaining a competitive edge over other locations in the south east. RTWT will be focused on increasing the vitality of the whole town, not on individual business or single sector aims and aspirations. We have a Business Plan which you can see here
RTWT will work hard to deliver:
- A well connected Town
- A forward-thinking place to do business
- A stunning, historic leisure destination
- A clearly defined and unique brand
OUR PROGRESS SO FAR
We have 2 full time staff who are busy talking to, engaging with and helping businesses of all sizes and types in Tunbridge Wells. The information and insights that businesses provide to RTWT, help in shaping future plans and projects, if you haven’t met our Town Centre team yet, please contact us.
Some of the projects we will be working on in 2018 are:
- Quarterly Business Intelligence Reports – view here
- Christmas retail projects
- Helping local businesses recruit
- Working with TWBC on ongoing tourism initiatives
- Business Improvement District feasibility and consultation
- A month of food events celebrating local hospitality businesses and producers
- Parking and signage audit throughout the town centre and approaches
- Advice sessions for small businesses
- Networking events
We send out monthly newsletters to businesses in Tunbridge Wells updating them on news, training, events, projects and any other information they need to know – you can sign up here
The Town Centre BID Feasibility study has now commenced – you can have your say by clicking here and going to a Google questionnaire. The results will be available by early summer and we will publish them as soon as we can.